wUt is imPOSSIBLE??

Sunday, July 27, 2008

меня зовут Галина...

It's pretty cold this morning, I was shivering though I was wearing a long-sleeved jacket. As usual, I jogged at the beginning of the path and started to walk after going down the stairs. It sounds pretty lazy right?

I enjoy walking through the trees, listening to the sound made by the crickets and being bitten by unknown bugs (by the way, sometimes I killed some of them accidentally). I just simply love nature.

After studying here for 3 years, now only I know that the park is so nice and soothening. It's a good place to release stress. There are babushki and dedushki (grandpas and grandmas) walking with their beloved doggies or jogging (may be I can say they look more like running). You can barely imagine the speed of the old people in moscow. They, for sure, are much more healthier than our grandpas and grandmas back in our country.

As I reached the turning point, where I am about to return, I met a dedushka sitting by the side, holding a book, laying his hands on his tummy, wearing 2 specticles (far-sighted and short-sighted). He looked up as I passed by and I simply say "Good morning!"

He waved his hand inviting me to sit down. Feeling a bit tire, I sat by his side and we started to talk. As usual, the first question will be, " What is your name?"

"Yin!" I said. (Though I know is pretty hard for them to pronounce it, that is the shortest way people can call me)

"Giin?" He asked. "No, is Yin." (It's really difficult!)

"Y-I-N, Yin!"

"Ok! My name is Gorin"

"By the way, I think is better for me to give you a russian name. Giin = Galina. Let it be Galina" He said.

"Oook!" I smiled.

"Why are you always smiling?" He asked. "I beg your pardon?" (By the way, we were conversing in russian and my russian is not that good)

He turned his face to another side for one second and turned back to me with a smiling face like Sticth, and said "tak" with his hand pointing to his own face.

I can't stop laughing, he looked so funny.

We chatted for awhile, he was trying to correct russian sentences. At last, we ended our conversation with my sentence of "mne nado iti" (I got to go)

So... My new name is Galina! Another great morning by God grace!

No comments: